Monday, July 31, 2017

Family Room ~ with or without Fireplace

Hey y'all! I hope you had an awesome weekend. I have a few things to share today. First off, word from our lender. We were hoping to break ground in August, but it will now be September as our account isn't completely set up. As I said before, I'm sure there will be surprises along our journey and that's ok with us. We are blessed just to be on this journey. We will smile and carry on. In the meantime, I will show you some of the ideas we have planned and probably some DIY projects too. 

Also, over the weekend, Kevin (my husband), suggested not having a fireplace. What?! Really? I honestly had just assumed we would have one, but now I'm looking at both options. We will have built-ins regardless of what we decide. 

We are just outside of Raleigh, North Carolina and our Winters are not terrible. Of course I probably just jinxed myself and this Winter we will have a foot of snow. 😁 We did use our fireplace a few times this year; however, not for long times. We would leave it on for 20 minutes or so and then turn it off because we got too hot. For the most part, I think it is more about the ambiance than the heat. 



                                                                 Shades of Blue Interiors


I really love both options. The picture above shows a cute little bench under the TV, but we wouldn't use it. I can see cabinets in place of the bench or just an open area. I do like the plank wall too. Either unfinished or white is very pretty. I know for sure our TV will be mounted in the center of the built-ins because Kevin LOVES TV. I'm just keeping it real folks! 



I have pinned a few ideas. Farmhouse style living rooms with and without fireplaces. You can check them out here.

Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you. 

No comments: