Friday, September 21, 2012

So much to say!

Hey y'all!  Well, I have failed you again.  Gosh!  How does so much time go by so fast, and yet sometimes, 5 minutes feels like 5 hours.  

Mason and I went to a playdate today and enjoyed the company of our long lost friends.  Since Mason has started school, we only see them once a week and sometimes only once every two weeks.  Oh how I long for the company of these women!  We share our 'kid stories', eat, and laugh! 

Anyway, bear with me, as this post may be a bit long or may seem like I'm rambling.  Which I do in real life conversation, so it's not out of the ordinary.  I tend to share too much information.  Oh well, it's in my nature.  I'm a very open and honest person.  If you ask me... "how are you doing"?  I'm going to tell you the truth.   I find it annoying when the response is always, "I'm fine.  How are you"?  Really?!  No one is ALWAYS fine.  It's ok to say otherwise.  HA!

So, I last left you with our trial adoption of Titan, which going forward we will call Ty.  As of now, we have had Ty in our home for 8 days and he is doing well.  He adapted almost immediately.  Honestly, it's us that has had to adjust.  Mainly me!  We haven't had a pet in our home for over 2 years and it takes some getting used to, you know?  Ty is a very relaxed, loving, patient, and gentle puppy.  He is only 8 months old, but we have since said he has an old soul.  He doesn't act like a puppy at all.  Since he has been in our home, he hasn't touched any of our belongings.  Nothing.  He is completely house trained.  Sleeps all night.  


So, what's the problem, you ask?  I don't know.  I didn't realize how OCD I am and I'm struggling.  We had a dog in our home for 10 years prior to Ty, so I don't know why now is different.  Some will say, it's good for you, you need this right now.  I'm really trying, but here is where the honesty is going to come in.  I find myself more concerned with cleaning.  I've always been bad about things being in order in my home, but since my 'nesting' phase during my pregnancy, I seemed to have gotten worse.  I don't know why and I do try to relax, but here is what happens.




Picture this.....  I'm sitting on the couch or at the kitchen table like I am now typing this post.  I look around and see (or know) things that need to be done.  For example, right now, I know I have at least 2 loads of laundry that needs washed.  There are 2 flies in my kitchen that are driving me nuts and need to go, but I'm still typing.  The kitchen floor needs to be mopped.  The pillows from the couch and chair are on the floor and need to be picked up.  There are 2 cups in the sink that need to be in the dishwasher.  I could go on, and on, but I think you get the point.  




I can't relax and I can't help myself.  These are feelings I have everyday and now with Ty in the picture, it has only added to my OCD.  Yes, Ty is a great dog and companion, but he's messy!  The worst is when he drinks his water.  As he lifts his head and walks away, the water/slime is dripping all over the kitchen floor.  The even worst part is when I step in it.  EWW!  Drives me crazy!  The other messy part is when he shakes his head, slobber flies all over the place.  The other day, I found some on our dresser.  Yes, really!  Honestly those are the only two issues. He does shed, but not terrible.  I don't notice the hair much until I vacuum and then I see the hair in the canister.  YUCK!

Well, this is not just about me.  There are 2 other people in this house.  Kevin seems to enjoy having Ty around.  He likes the company, especially when he is outside working in the yard.  Mason, at this point, is indifferent.  He says he likes his new doggy and seems to enjoy having Ty around.  Although, there are  days where Mason doesn't want Ty in his face.  He says, "no doggy".  Since Ty is such a great dog, he just walks away.  Ty is a very lovable dog and because of that, he demands love in return.  He wants to be in the same room with you at all times.  Sometimes even being in the same room is not enough, he has to be touching you or so close that you almost step on him.  Being a stay at home mom, this can become very annoying.  I feel bad for saying that, but it's true.



The jury is still out on whether we keep Ty.  I hate saying that because I really can't see us giving him back.  I know.  I'm running around in circles.  I need to get over myself and realize there is more to life than having a perfectly clean/organized home.  I'm going to continue to try and relax and enjoy life.  I think! HA!  



Thanks for hearing me out and please don't judge me because of my cleaning obsessions.  It's actually kind of embarrassing.  I hope that people are comfortable around me and that I don't make them feel uncomfortable.  Does that make sense?  Put it this way, I'm not going into your home and thinking, wow, how do people live like this!  (unless I'm watching Hoarders)  I honestly, wish I were not so obsessed.  


No comments: