Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Tuesday's Tip ~ The dishwasher is your friend

Hey y'all!

Welcome to another tip for Tuesday.  Today we're talking about your dishwasher.  No, not your hands, although I use those too, but the electronic device in your kitchen. 

The dishwasher can clean so many other things besides your dishes.  Before I turn on my dishwasher, I always look around to see what else needs to be cleaned and/or sanitized.


My first go to item is the sponge.  The dishwasher is a great way to sanitize your sponge.  

Here is a great article from Good Housekeeping. 

Those of you who know me well, knows I don't stop at just a sponge.  Oh no, I am still on the lookout for the next item that needs to be cleaned.  

Some other items I throw in the dishwasher are contact lens case, soap dishes (especially the ones with the suction cups that hang on your shower wall), the trays from the washing machine, toothbrush (head refills), hats, plastic toys, brushes, combs, sink plugs, etc. 

I mean the list goes on and on.  Since some of these items are plastic or small, I always put them on the top rack of the dishwasher.

Sorry.  I know I said dishwasher like 500 times! :)

What items do you put in your dishwasher?

Happy cleaning!

1 comment:

lypitt said...

Great tips! I've never thought about adding some of these things to the dishwasher. Makes them much easier to clean! Thanks!