Saturday, August 18, 2012

Show Us Your Life ~ Front Porch

Hey y'all!  Today we are showing off our front porch.  As a Southerner, front porches are a must!  I wish we had a larger porch, but I'm thankful for the one we have.

We have a heavily wooded lot which means spiders!  I had to take down our wreath because evidently that was a perfect place for the webs and other misc. bugs!  Every time we opened the door, we walked through a web. 

The end windows are the guest room turned playroom.  It would have been nice for the porch to extend all the way to the end.



The porch is pretty wide.  Plenty of room to rock in the rocking chairs, which is a must.  Especially with a glass of sweet tea or lemonade.  

We stained all of the wood when we first moved in.  I'm so glad we did.  I really like the color and will extend the life of the wood too. 



Outdoor rug is from Overstock.  I just loved the color and pattern.  We've had it for 2 years, but looks like it needs to be replaced.  The fibers are starting to shed everywhere. 



Our porch just wouldn't be complete without rocking chairs.  These are from Wal-Mart.  We bought them at the end of summer about 4 years ago.  They were only $40 per chair.  The only con to having white is I do have to clean them and touch them up with paint, but other than that, I love them.

The chair pads came from Kohl's.  I think I got both of them for $15.  I just love the pop of color they give our porch. 




Since we took down our wreath, we needed something, so we added this cute little butterfly.  I'll change it in the Fall.  These vinyl hooks are the best too!  No holes in your vinyl siding.  Just slip it right under a piece of vinyl and there you go. 



I just LOVE sweet potato vine.  This was the first time I had seen green with deep purple.  So pretty.  And it is so durable.  Our front porch gets all of the afternoon sun.  It gets extremely hot!

I'm loving our ole' metal milk jug too!  I have plans for it soon. 


I would really like to add a monogram to our milk jug.  Similar to the one below.  There are a ton of vinyl letters/patterns on etsy.  I'm thinking of doing the vinyl letters, as opposed to painting.  Not sure yet. 

painted monogram milkcan 



My husband is a State grad, so of course, we have to welcome you to Wolfpack Country!  Go Pack!  (we're so ready for basketball)
 


WOW! What a difference!  Here is our porch 2 years ago, before we moved in.

 


And here it is today!

 
Thanks for visiting!  We'll see y'all soon!

1 comment:

Kay K said...

Stopping by from Kelly's Korner