Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Keepin' It Real

Hey ya'll.  It seems I've been slacking a bit.  I've noticed several cleaning mishaps in our home lately and I'm starting to think my philosophy of cleaning one room per day isn't working. HA!

Before you fall out of your chair laughing in disbelief, hear me out.  Or rather take a look.

As I was re-hanging our shower curtain from the wash, I noticed this....on the ledge of the shower.

OK.... maybe not the best picture.....


Look at this one!  Geez! and Gross!
 

 Dust.  Lots and lots of dust. 


And then, as if the shower didn't put me into shock.  I see this every morning!
 

Those of you who know me personally may be not believe me, but our counter and bar looks like this every morning until about 10 AM.  Mail, dishes, breakfast, whatever.  The bar is a 'catchall'.  

With all that said, I think I might need to start using a cleaning schedule.  :)

http://askannamoseley.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/adjustedcleaningschedule11.jpg


I found this (and several others) pretty little list(s) here.  

She even has a blank version so you can create your own. 

I think these printables would be so cute framed and posted or just on your refrigerator. 

http://askannamoseley.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/askannacleaningscheduleblank22.jpg



Do you have a schedule?  If not, do you think having a list would motivate you or seem to overwhelming?

Looking through her list, I feel like I'm up to date on my cleaning, but as I have seen, I'm not as thorough as I thought.  Oh well!

There's always tomorrow, right? ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think if you came to our house right now you would have a heart attack in our kitchen! I wish mine looked that NEAT at 10 am!! But I do relate with you with the shower thing, I discovered that spot a while ago and it grossed me out! Now I try to run a Lysol wipe over that once a week. You are doing a great job cleaning. I follow FlyLady, she emails you tips like that everyday so stuff doesn't get overlooked. (Although I don't always have time to get to her tips. But I try!) You're doing an amazing job!

Little Creek Adventures said...

Your house is a wreck! Just kidding! I know how hard it must be for you to come over to our house weekly for our play dates. I think you do a great job not going crazy with anxiety while you are at our house! I am sure it makes you feel much better about the awesome job you are doing at your house. Whenever you feel like you are not doing a good enough job, just think of my counters and you should immediately feel better! Or maybe it just makes you want to come clean up all my clutter!!! See ya soon! Love your blog!