Friday, June 22, 2012

Show Us Your Life ~ Dining Rooms

Hey ya'll!  I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner and today is all about dining rooms!  We are just not fancy people at all, so when we downsized, we looked for a home without all the fancy stuff.  We had all of those features in our home of 8 years and during that time, I think we may have used those rooms a total of 5 times.  Seriously, wasted space!

We have a eat-in-kitchen or breakfast area and this is where we eat all of our meals.  





 A close up of our bakers rack.  Funny thing....the wine bottles you see are basically just for looks, I guess.  Yes, they do have wine in them, but I wouldn't drink it.  We have had the same bottles for like 10 years!






And since I'm new to Kelly's Korner, I'll show you our kitchen too! 




I told you it was nothing fancy! HA!  We still have the builder's paint.  Maybe we'll paint one day.  Don't you just love those polka dot napkins!  Oh!  Sorry about the medicine in the picture.  We have a sick baby boy!  Just keepin' it real!


The door is to our laundry room and just around the corner is the master bedroom.  I guess we really do need to paint.  After looking at these pictures, it's kind of plain in here. 


My diy chalkboard features our weekly dinner menu.  This has been so handy for me.  I'm prepared each day and I don't have to 'freak out' at 4:00 thinking, what are we having for dinner?

This is, what our builder called, a plant shelf.  Just another shelf to put stuff on that you never use and you have to dust once every 3 months or so.  Honestly, this shelf needs help.  The ceiling is so tall, the items I have on the shelf are just swallowed.  Way to small.  I need some ideas!  Maybe some apothecary jars or some other type of tall stuff that you never use.  :)




Here is a close up of our recent diy cornice board.  The fabric we used to cover the board is actually outdoor fabric, but we really liked it and the price was right ($6.00/yd.).


Thanks so much for visiting.  I'm looking forward to seeing your dining rooms too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm stopping by via Kelly's Korner.
I love your diy project. It's an inexpensive way to dress up a boring window.
One of these days I'll get around to doing something with our patio doors.
You have created a wonderful room to entertain and enjoy delicious meals.

Anonymous said...

Love everything! I hope you don't mind me copying everything you do on your blog, I love the Kelly's Korner blog too lol!! I think we've got very similar taste.

Natasha said...

We only have one place to eat too. Someday I'd like a separate dining room but I just don't think they're worth is a lot of the time.

I LOVE those polka dotted napkins. Very fun!

I also menu plan and it is so worth it. Yep, no more 4:00 stress. Or 5:00 stress!

I love the DIY cornice board. It looks great!