Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sick baby

There is nothing worse than having a sick child and feeling helpless.  This is the way I have felt this week.

Mason has been running a fever for a couple of days now and this morning, he woke up with this on his leg.  I thought (before we went to the doctor) it was his eczema.




 


Of course, I start to google frantically.  Eczema....fever....inflamed....infected

Help!  What is wrong with my baby?

So, I call the doctor's office, spoke to the nurse, told her his symptoms.  She said, can you be here in an hour.  You betcha!  So, here we go.

Well, my baby has a virus that has created this rash.  GEEZ!  I don't know if I feel relived or mad because I didn't call the doctor sooner.

As mothers, we have a hard job.  Just when you think you know what's right, this happens.  

Baby boy is on bed rest.  Lots of TLC and juice!

The eczema is another story. We'll talk about that one later.  

No comments: