Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Tuesday's Tip

~Decorating using hurricanes~

I have used hurricanes on my mantle for years. I love changing them up for a Holiday or whenever I feel I need a change. It's easier than redecorating my living room and cheaper too! There are so many choices.

Here I chose not to use candles and simply placed ornaments in the hurricanes to decorate for Christmas. You can mix it up with several things from Holly Berry branches, to Magnolia Leaves or a small branch, with a candle or without. It's your choice. Either way, they are always beautiful and bring so much color and warmth into your home.



This is my 'everyday' look. Some river rocks in the bottom with a candle sitting on top. I change out the candle sometimes to add more color.



For Valentine's Day, I used conversation hearts with a candle on top. This was only $4.00 per hurricane. Again, several ways to change the look for this Holiday. Flower petals (fake), red hots, any kid of heart shaped hard candy, ribbon curls. You name it.


For Easter, this year, I think I'm going to use eggs to fill the hurricanes. You can also use jelly beans or grass in the bottom with a candle or a combination. Maybe even grass with a bunny sitting on top. That would be too cute!

The summer time is great too. Fill up your hurricanes with sand and shells (FREE, when you go to the beach), sand with a candle on top, only shells.

You could also tie a ribbon around your hurricane. Burlap is really in this year. Make a burlap ribbon or flower to wrap around.

For the Fall, you could use shelled pecans, dry beans, mini pumpkins or gourds, leaves or branches again.

So many options, for so cheap. Use your imagination. Send me a picture. I love seeing new ideas.

No comments: