Sunday, June 05, 2011

Splish, Splashin' Fun

Mason's birthday party was on Saturday, June 4th at our house. Even though he wasn't a good host (disappearing with Papa) (HA!), he had a ball. All of his cousins (Jake, Spence, Caity, and Ali) came to his party. Along with his Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents, and his best buddy Chase. We set up his pool and the kids had fun.


Even though it was another 90 + degree day. Everyone seemed to have a good time!





The theme, this year, was a backyard beach party and it was just that. With the pool set up outside, the chips served in beach buckets, and using primary colors all over the place, we all had a 'splish, splashin' time. HA!



A few folks asked me during the party how I made the banner and cupcake toppers. Easy....using MS Publisher. You can create any size circle that you want. I used 2" circles for the cupcake topper and 5 1/2" for the banner. The letters I printed out using our color printer and card stock paper. The striped and circle paper was just card stock paper that I cut into circles 1/2" bigger than the letter circles. Then I hole punch both sides of the circles and tied them together using very thin fabric ribbon. The whole banner probably cost me about $5 or less. I refuse to buy something if I can make it myself. Especially if I can make for half the price. Call me cheap or thrifty, but it works.

You guys also asked where do I get my ideas. Well, some of them I just think about or come up with myself. Some of them I'll get from other blogs or websites. For example, if I want a specific idea, I google it. Go to google, type in 'diy primary birthday banner'. I like to click on images so I can see it before I go to the actual website. You'll be amazed at the ideas you can come up with on your own.




Some of our balloons popped (for some reason, it was all of the blue ones) during the heat, but they were still cute.



Happy 2nd Birthday Mason! Mommy and Daddy love you!

No comments: