Monday, June 30, 2014

Meatless Monday

Hey y'all!

Happy Monday!  

I'm sure there are lots of you who are always on the lookout for an easy meal.  Especially in the summer when we are busy keeping our children entertained.  

I actually saw this recipe today on a friend's timeline and I knew I needed to share it with you, and have it for dinner!

Crockpot Tortellini

 


Ingredients
  • 1 bag of frozen tortellini
  • 1 small bag of spinach
  • 2 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
  • 1 box or 4 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 block of cream cheese
Directions

Cut up the cream cheese into cubes.
Add all ingredients into the crockpot.
Cook on low for 5 hours.

There are different variations of this recipe that I found.  You can add meat if you would like.  Italian sausage or even chicken would be great.  You will need to pre-cook your meat and then add it to the crockpot.  I didn't have italian style diced tomatoes so I added about a tablespoon of Italian seasoning and about a teaspoon of garlic powder.  I also used vegetable stock instead of chicken.  I think either would be great. 

Cooking in the crockpot during the summer is an excellent idea.  Most of us (including myself) tend to only use it in the Fall and Winter.  Honestly, when it's 95 degrees outside the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven or stand over a hot stove.  


I'm looking forward to dinner tonight!

Serve with a salad and/or garlic bread and ENJOY!








1 comment:

lypitt said...

What time is dinner? ;-)