Monday, January 06, 2014

December recap

Hey y'all! Holy Moly!  

Where did December go?  I'm not sure we stopped to 'smell the roses', let alone, enjoy Christmas!

I will try to recap our entire month in this one post. 

Let's see.  Nina and Papa came to visit for our annual trip to see the Christmas lights.  We rode the train, saw the lights, visited Santa, and of course loaded up on candy!



 







Mason was sick, and out of school one week out of December.  We watched movies, and as you can see, he lined up his cars.  

I did a lot of online shopping! 






We made lots of homemade goodies!  This dish below....  OH MY GOODNESS!!  Apple dumplings. A dish full of heaven.  

Here is the recipe!

 
We also made our white chocolate party mix.  AKA Christmas Crack!  HA!


 Someone couldn't wait!  Yes, it's that good!






We wrapped gifts.  Mason loves to help with the tape!  This pretty green chevron paper came from Hobby Lobby.  I love it!  I wanted to do more with ribbon this year, but just didn't have time to fit in everything.  



 Take a look at this pretty little bag.  I sold several of these for Christmas and purchased a few myself.  It's a perfect bottle thermal and Thirty-One now has 4 styles available.

You can check them out here.






The weekend before Christmas, we went to a wedding in Elkin.  Let me tell you...  this hotel went all out with Christmas decorations.  I think we all walked around taking pictures for at least an hour before we even went to our room.  There were over 70 Christmas trees in the hotel.  They were all beautiful!





 
Mason had a great time at the wedding.  His best bud, Papa, was there and he got to dance with the 'princess' (bride).  



 What a cute cake!  Someone did a fabulous job!






Look at Kevin and his brother, Jeff!  Good grief!  They look so much alike and even wore the same color shirt.  

By the way, doesn't Ali look thrilled!  HA!  I think she was exhausted! And she was ready to get out of that dress!  HA!


Looks like I'll continue to the next post to update about our Christmas!

No comments: