Monday, October 01, 2012

Weekend Wrap up & Updates

Kind of a wet weekend, huh?  Yep.  We spent a lot of time inside or in the garage.  

Friday I went to the doctor for an annual check up.  Just the basics, blood work and making sure there are no major issues to be addressed.  I walked in thinking everything is fine.  Let's get this done and I can go home.  Oh Boy!  Not the case.   I had not had a tetanus shot in like forever, so that was the first order of business.  Only now the shot also contains the pertussis vaccine.  Didn't really think much of it until Saturday evening.  I started getting the chills and got very tired.  Sunday morning worse.  I just wanted to go right back to bed.  Apparently I was experiencing some of the side effects of the pertussis vaccine.  Fever and fatigue.  I felt like I was coming down with the flu.  I stayed in bed for most of Sunday.  I do feel a bit better today, but still tired.  Well, then after checking my blood pressure, I ended up getting an EKG.  The EKG came back normal, thank goodness, but my blood pressure, not so good.  I will have to start taking my readings at home and keeping a diary.  I'll go back to the Dr. in a couple of months for another check up.  A few other things I'll need to do is pay more attention to my diet (especially salt intake), exercise, and avoid stressful situations (no problem, right?).  I guess I'm getting old!  UGH! 

Saturday afternoon we went to a birthday party for our friend Jake.  He turned 3 and had an adorable Mickey Mouse party.  For some reason, it always rains for his party.  We ended up having most of the party in their garage.  The kids didn't care.  They had fun running around, eating cupcakes, and jumping in Jake's new jumping house.   

Jake and his sister Savannah just love Mason.  They all play really well together.  

You remember a few weeks ago we were cleaning up our backyard from a storm.  We had 5 trees that had been uprooted from our yard.  Kevin was able to cut up all of the trees into logs.  We posted free firewood online and had no trouble getting rid of it.  Last weekend a nice young couple came out and was able to get 2 truck loads.  They were very grateful to get the wood since they have a real wood burning fireplace in their house.  I'm glad we were able to help them out and I'm glad they came out to get all of the wood.  

I was very impressed with my husband.  He did all of this work by himself.  I helped one day and I thought I would die.  It was so hot and so much work.  I thought my husband was crazy when he said he was going to take care of all of it himself, but he did.  I shouldn't be surprised.  He is very handy! 

One more update from the Kranz family.  We are very sad to report, we will not be keeping Ty.  We feel absolutely terrible.  We kept going back and forth and honestly after the first week, we kind of felt that it wouldn't work out.  There are several reasons why, but most importantly, Mason hasn't warmed up to Ty at all.  He pretty much ignores him or tells him NO or GO AWAY!  That is not fair to Ty and he deserves to be in a family with children who want him there.  He is a very sweet, loving, and affectionate dog.  We have no doubt he will find his forever home and any family would be lucky to have him.  He will make an awesome companion.  We are going to do everything we can to help find a home for him, but in the meantime, he'll have to go back to his foster home.  We'll try our best to keep you updated.  


No comments: