Monday, April 30, 2012

You'll get a ticket

After Easter, Mason and I visited the Clayton Police Department with our group.  We were able to take a tour of their new building and see what they do every day.  Their office building is beautiful with lots of Energy Saving qualities.   They showed us the offices, the cafe (where they eat lunch), the conference room, the gym, and of course all of their neat equipment, including their cars and motorcycles.






Mason was a good boy, for the most part.  I think sometimes, I expect to much.  The officers talked to us for about 30 minutes before the tour and Mason pretty much sat through the speech.  I was pleased.







The wall art below was so neat.  I can't remember what it was called, but this is a tribute to those officers whom they have lost in the line of fire.  This picture really doesn't do it justice.  It was an officer leaving the building made out of some sort of rock or brick.  Very neat and very touching to have a memorial in their building.



Once we started the tour around the inside and outside of the building, Mason became a bit 'antsy'.  I kept telling him to be good or he would get a ticket.  HA!  So of course, he kept asking me, "Are they giving me a ticket Mommy"?

 


I'm so thankful for our group.  We may not have these type activities with out them.  Mason has enjoyed himself so much.  He looks forward to the days where he sees his friends.  He gets so excited and I couldn't be happier.

No comments: