Saturday, March 24, 2012

I like deals

I had to post this before I forget. I'm getting better at this coupon-ing game. It is just that, a game. You have to be at the right place at the right time. Study the flyer from the store. Match your coupons to the sale prices. Finally, you have to know a deal when you see one. I feel like I got great deals today at Harris Teeter.

Here are some of my highlights:

Hamburger Helper: $1.00 per box
Poptarts: 2 @ $.97, 1 @ $1.99 with coupon: $2.93 basically, I paid $.97 per box
3 pack Jell-O Temptations: $.72
2 Bailey's Coffee Cream: $3.00 = $1.50 per creamer
Colgate Advanced Toothpaste: $.75 (larger tube)
Dannon Greek Yogurt: $.50 per container
Betty Crocker Cookie Mix: $1.55
Pampers Wipes: $.94
Garnier Fructis Shampoo: $1.21
Snuggle 80 ct. dryer sheets: $1.49
Oceanspray Fruitsnacks: $1.65

I spent $82.26 and my savings were $76.28. If my math is correct, that is a savings of 48%.

Again, this is not the best I've done. I did buy a couple of things with out a coupon, but they were on sale and I felt it was a good deal. The more you buy at one time, the harder it is to see the savings and make sure you are being charged correctly.

I feel good about the deals I received today. What can I say? I like deals!

No comments: