Wednesday, May 04, 2011

The construction begins

This past weekend was a weekend of work. LOTS and LOTS of work. We have begun the construction of Mason's swing set. Well, it started out as just a swing set and now we are planning to include a sandbox and picnic table as well. We have plenty of room in our backyard and I think Mason will really enjoy this area for years to come. I didn't have a hand in putting together the swing set, but I was in the kitchen or laundry room the whole weekend. Jeez! I'm tired!! We sure do appreciate those who helped us. I, especially know Kevin is very appreciative. He would have been out there for days.

Kevin and I marked the yard off first with yellow flags.

Then we added the outline of the play area with landscape timbers.


Let the construction begin. Kevin, Papa, and Grandpa Mike started their 2 day construction party. Yes! 2 days!!



Mason had fun playing in the dirt and riding around on the cardboard box.






Someone (Lori) was sneaky and took this picture of Mason wearing Uncle James' UNC hat.

Before heading to Mississippi for the tornado damage, my Dad was able to stop in for a visit.

And finally, Mason was able to get in a swing with Papa before they headed back to Greensboro.

I just realized that I don't have a finished picture of the swing set. I'll post one soon. We're hoping to get some mulch with in the next few days and we'll also set up the sandbox. So far, Mason is loving the slide. He says "swide" and "wing". So cute!!

No comments: