Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Day!





Thanksgiving, this year, was spent in Virginia with Uncle James, Lori, Grammy, and Grandpa. We got there on Wednesday since Kevin was off. It was nice too. No traffic, no rushing. The drive wasn't bad. It only took us 2 hours which was great. The maximum time for Mason to be in the vehicle is about that, 2 hours. After that, he starts getting a bit fussy. It was a bit colder in VA which was actually nice since it is almost Christmas. As I type this post, today is a chilling 70 degrees. Yep!! The weather is certainly strange around here.



As usual for Thanksgiving, we all ate too much and were about to starve by the time dinner was served. We had Turkey, ham, green beans, rolls, field peas, sweet potato souffle, mashed potatoes, dressing, chicken and pastry, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and sweet potato pie. Believe or not, we didn't have many left overs. Only enough for one more meal. I guess that's a good thing so you don't have to worry about how may different ways to use left over turkey. Ha!



We went to Olan Mills and had family pictures taken. I can't believe this is the first time EVER we had professional pictures taken of the whole (immediate) family. They turned out pretty good and Mason did excellent until he was ready to leave. To be 18 months (almost), he's very good at taking pictures. As long as the person taking the picture can catch his attention, he's fine.


So, we're getting ready for Christmas. As usual, though, I feel behind. I have several gifts yet to buy and lots of time to be spent in the kitchen, but it always gets done, so I'm not stressing. This week, mental note, I have to order our Christmas cards. I've been waiting for our photo shoot pictures to come back so that I can use one of those. I'm pretty sure they'll be ready in time. I'm thinking either tinyprints.com or shutterfly.com this year. They seem to have a good selection for great prices and they are always fast. I've used both sites and have been happy with them both.

I love this time of year. Even though it's sometimes rushing, and spending time on the road, it's such a special time to spend with family. I hope that you make the best of this Holiday and spend yours with the ones you love the most!!

No comments: