Monday, November 17, 2008

Next Appointment: Early Screen Ultrasound

Our next doctor appointment is on December 8th. We will be having our first trimester early screen ultrasound. Basically, through a combination of a blood test and 13 week ultrasound exam will estimate our chances of having a baby with Down syndrome and other disorders with extra chromosomes. The blood is taken from me and the ultrasound will measure the fluid filled space at the back of the baby's neck. There is a possibility that they may have to examine the baby's nasal bone as well. Unbelievable at all of the literature that Kevin and I were given when we visited the doctor. The bag of pamphlets, books, vitamins etc. is bigger than our baby. Good Lord! I hope that we can read everything before the baby arrives.

Speaking of arrive.... I updated our baby counter because the other one looked like an alien. This one of course is much cuter (because cute is important), BUT when I saw how many days we have left, I almost fell out of my chair. 214 DAYS!!!!! Are you sure?! Can we speed it up a little. Just kidding! Wow, June seems to be FOREVER away. I'm sure it will be here before we know it, right?

No comments: