Monday, November 17, 2008

Move over Bailey, there's a baby on the way

OH BOY! We might be in trouble. This little guy is used to being an only child. What in the world are we going to do when the baby arrives?! He is such a good natured, loving dog (most of the time), but he is very spoiled and doesn't like anyone else to get attention unless he is involved too. I'm curious to know how he will react around the baby. So far, he seems to be more attached to me now more than ever. Kevin and I definitely think that he knows what's up. Now when he cuddles with me, he lays his head on my belly and seems very content. Kevin asked "Do you think he can hear the baby"? I don't know the answer, but I know that he knows or at least can smell that there is a baby in Mommy's belly. So far, Bailey has been very sweet with me. He sits in the bathroom (or right outside the door) with me in the mornings while I, well.....get sick (I'll spare you the details). After I'm finished, I always have to re-assure him that I'm ok. This may sound funny to you, but to us Bailey is human. We love Bailey and I hope that he is a good boy and loves the baby too.





No comments: