Saturday, February 09, 2013

Show Us Your Life ~ DIY Projects


Hey y'all!  Today we are talking about our DIY projects and linking up with Kelly's Korner.  I'm so excited.  This is one of my all time favorite topics.

I am definitely one of those people who say (when shopping and looking at magazines), I can make that myself.  Most of the time, it means, my husband can make it for us.  And, he normally will!  Yes, I'm a lucky girl! 

I just can't see paying $200 for something that I can make for $50 or less in some cases.  I'm not cheap.  Maybe I'm just frugal or is that the same thing? Either way, we get what we wanted, it looks great, and most of the time will be made to last! 

A great example was just a few months ago.  My husband asked me what I would like for my birthday.  I wanted some ledges/shelves I saw on the Pottery Barn website.  Well, of course they were very expensive, but it was the only ones I found that I really liked.





And these are the ones my husband made.  He did a great job!  I love them! And guess what?  They only cost us $35.  



 

My diy chalkboard here.




Diy Cornice Board here.



I have to say, I love Pinterest and I have lots of ideas just waiting for me.  

My Pinterest DIY& Crafts board here.

One of my favorite projects that I haven't done yet is the moss letters.  Really the only reason I haven't yet is because I couldn't find a 'K' in the size I want.

You can find the Moss Letters tutorial here.

This is a great craft for Spring. 


http://thecraftingchicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/moss-letter-1.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing your DIY projects.  Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I love those shelves!! We started my cabinets this weekend! I'll be painting a couple shelves today and I am SO EXCITED!!! I would link up too but I don't have any completed projects yet.