Monday, September 10, 2012

First Day Ever

Hey y'all!  We've been MIA for a few days.  Kevin and I took a little anniversary trip.  I'll post about that soon.  First, I need to tell you about Mason's first day of preschool.  




Oh My Goodness!  He was so excited!  We have been preparing for weeks. Getting new shoes, a backpack, lunch box, using the potty like a big boy.   We went to orientation.  We met his teacher (Ms. Tina),  toured his classroom.  He walked right in his room, sat down, looked at the teacher, and said, "are my friends going to be here"?  "Is Jack coming"?  Poor little fella.  He didn't understand that his friends from our group would not be in his class.  I felt so bad for him, but we reassured him he would meet more friends and he would still see Jack too!



He said he needed to watch some TV, drink his milk, and eat breakfast before he could go to school.  And he did just that.  Such a big boy!  

 

We've been talking to Mason about school for a while now, so that he is prepared.  When the time came, he didn't mind the change at all.  He was up at 6:30 am and said, "let's go, Mommy.  I'm ready to go to school".


  

I walked him in to his class on the first day.  He was so handsome, and looked like such a big boy with his backpack.  Ms. Tina showed him where to put his backpack every morning.  He put it in his cubby and never looked back.  



 Mason went right to playing and I looked around his room.  It was so cute to see his name everywhere.  He has his own cubby, a place to sit at the table, and his name is on the outside of the room too!  His room them is Zebras. 
 






I was the 'misty eyed' mommy.  I looked lost and was thinking....what am I supposed to do now?  Do I just leave my child with this person I've met one time?  This is strange!  I don't like this! HA!  I'm really unsure at this point.  I had to ask Mason for a hug and sugar (kiss)!  He said, "ok, mommy...bye, I'll see you later"!  Oh ok!  I guess I'll leave now.  


As the tears are welling up in my eyes, I stood outside the room and watched my baby boy.  He was a big boy now.  He made himself right at home.  He was playing and never realized I left. 

 
I'm only assuming he had a good first day.  I picked him up in the carpool line so I never saw his teacher.  He came home in the same outfit, so at least I know he used the potty.  He was so tired.  In the car ride home, I asked him questions and I didn't get much response, mostly head shakes.  I said, what did you do today?  He said, I ate a lollipop.  I asked him if he made a new friend and he said yes, George.  Come to find out, it is Jordan.  HA!

So far, so good.  I hope he continues to be excited about school.  I'm hoping to find out more about his first day.  Maybe I'll walk him in again tomorrow so I can see the teacher.

I have a school boy now!  *sigh*

No comments: