Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday's Tip

~Planning Dinner~

I have the feeling of dread every time Sunday rolls around. Yep, it's that time again to plan dinner for the week. I'm sitting there like an artist at a blank canvas. It's part of my job as a Mommy and Wife to feed my family.

Now that I am using coupons more and shopping for sales, I use that as my guide.

This particular week, apples were on sale along with pork chops. So, I got to thinking and googling for a recipe.





I sauteed the pork chops, set them aside and then made a glaze. Here's the glaze:

1 C Apple Cider
1 1/2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Tsp. Mustard Seed

I let the sauce simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Add the sliced apples (3 or 4) and added the pork chops back to the pan.

Turned out great!

I like to try a new recipe every once and a while so dinner doesn't seem so boring or just the same ole' thing.

How do you plan your dinners? Do you try new recipes?

No comments: