Thursday, July 28, 2011

Grateful

The world of blogging opens up so many doors into people's lives all over the place. It's like 6 degrees of separation. You find a family, which leads to another, and another and so on. In the past two weeks, I ran across a story that has touched me, upset me, made me grateful, opened my eyes, and also made me ask WHY? I will share the story, but I must warn you, it's hard to read or even understand, for that matter.

The story is about a little boy (baby to me) named Tripp with a rare genetic skin disease. Here is a excerpt from their blog called "EB" ing a Mommy".

Tripp was born on May 14, 2009. He was diagnosed with a rare genetic skin disease called "EB." Any type of friction on his skin or mucous membranes causes blisters. They told us he would not live to be a year old. Every day he amazes us by his strength. He is a fighter and with all he has been through, he has never given up. He is the strongest person I know. Tripp wakes up each morning with a smile on his face. Every day spent with him is a blessing. God has a special plan for him. I'm just blessed to be able to witness that plan.

If you look on the right side bar of our blog, you will see his precious hands "Praying 4 Tripp". You can click on this image and it will take you directly to his page. I am amazed by this little boy and his parents. How can he be in so much pain and still have a smile on his face through out the day? I don't want to feel sorry for him and I feel the only thing that I can do is to pray. I do not understand why this little fella was put on this earth only to suffer for the two years he has been alive. My thought is maybe we are not supposed to understand or to even question. We are supposed to learn from him and be grateful for what we have. I am so grateful for my Mason, but I also feel that it's not fair for me to have been blessed with such a beautiful, healthy, baby boy. I will continue to pray for Tripp and his family. As of this moment, he is still fighting; however, he is in the hospital trying to fight yet another infection.

God Bless this family and continue to watch over Tripp.


No comments: