Saturday, September 28, 2013

How many years?

Hey y'all!  I just recently took a trip to Minnesota to visit my high school bestie, Kristi.  We talked and talked, and cooked, shopped, and talked.  HA!



And we went to a parade!






 

Through our conversations, we realized we have been friends for almost 25 years!  She was 15 and I was 14.  Seriously!?  It was so surreal holding her baby.  Looking at Kristi, I still see a 15 year old.  I'm sure she would appreciate that! HA!




I wasn't sure what to expect when visiting Minnesota.  Honestly, I was only going to see Kristi and Brayleigh, but let me tell ya, it is beautiful country.  Everything was so green and healthy looking.  Almost like our Spring here in NC.  Normally for us, by the end of the summer, the grass is turning brown, plants are dried up, and the flowers are gone because of the heat and no rain.  






We went to a craft fair (that's what I call it).  I guess, a Fall festival type of event.  Really neat.  Everything was set up in barns.  You walk through and shop.  
 
 



And of course no trip to MN is complete without visiting the Mall of America.  I'm not much of a shopper, especially in a mall, but this was a must see!

Lego Land 


 Yes!  Those are all legos!  I've never seen so many!

 

An amusement park, inside the mall!
 





Shrimp anyone? Bubba Gump restaurant!  There were a TON of restaurants in the Mall.


Kristi also took me to Cabela's.  


 

What a neat place?!  It was more like a museum and aquarium. 






I was thrilled to see this little one....

 
And enjoyed every moment with Kristi!

I can't wait until my next visit!

No comments: