Sunday, December 16, 2012

Show Us Your Life ~ 2012 Christmas Tour of Homes

Hey y'all! Come on in!  I'm joining Kelly today in the Christmas tour of homes.

I'm taking you in the back door first.  I have a wreath coming in from the garage.




The outside of our home is pretty simple.  A natural arrangement on top of our milk jug, garland on the porch, and wreaths with red bows on the windows.



We also hung large ornaments from the front porch.  You can only see one in this picture, but we have 5 all together.  


Coming in the front door, in the foyer are just a few things.



Mason has his own tree too! Just a little fiber optic tree from Target.  He loves it! In the past two years, I have put his tree in his room, but not now.  He is into everything.  I'm afraid he would hurt himself with the hooks and probably destroy the tree. 







We usually alternate colors every year.  Sometimes red and gold, sometimes just all traditional ornaments (ones we have collected through the years) and this year, lime green and red.  I love it!  Call me old school or traditional (or maybe just plain simple), but to me Christmas isn't the same without red.  I guess we just like red.



I really wanted lime green mesh, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  I guess everyone else wanted some too!  So, I ended up with this ribbon instead.  I like it too, but the mesh is a lot thicker and puffy, so it helps fill in the gaps.  I got this ribbon from Michael's. 

We mixed in some of our traditional ornaments too.  Mason's hand print and picture from last year, along with a few others.  I'm loving the green sequin ornaments.  Those are from Big Lots. 



I only put hurricanes and each end of the mantle with our stockings in between.  We have our TV in the middle, so there is not a ton of room to play with.  


A few things on my new shelves.


I decided to decorate the top of the kitchen cabinets this year.  I only decorated one side.  The main reason is because everything is out of Mason's reach!  HA!  The two Santa's were made by Kevin's Grandmother and the other things are glass.  



I thought this sign was cute.  From Dollar Tree...  $1.00.  I bought two of them and put one outside.
 

Nativity scene... Way up high!  Out of the reach of little hands. 



That's about it!  Thanks so much for visiting.  See you soon!

No comments: