Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Tuesday's Tip

~Front Load Washers~
 
A couple of weeks ago at one of our playdates, the Moms and I were talking about our front load washersWe all said the same thing,  "it stinks".  Literally, it gets smelly over time and the smell can get into your clothes.  There is a reason for this and I figured it out with the help of one of my friends.  The smell is in the crease and crevices of the rubber that seals the door closed.   This is gross!  When you pull back the rubber piece, you can see all of the mold and mildew that has built up during the washes.  The problem is, not all of the water is draining out completely and it pools into this piece.

Basically, you have to clean your washer.  Not just with the Tide front load washer cleaner (which I don't use), you have to wipe out the washer to prevent the mildew from building up over time.  The cleaner is not going to stop this from happening.  This is why I don't waste my money on buying it.

I have recently opened a pinterest account. You can follow me here. Super neat site with tons of ideas.  I'm probably spending too much time on it already.    I found a great site through pinterest that explains in detail how you should clean your washer. She has also posted pictures to show the details of where to find the mildew.  You can find the tutorial here.



Happy Cleaning! 

No comments: