Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Mason's best friend

In the past couple of weeks, Mason has really grown attached to his "little pooh". He talks to him, feeds him, plays with him, shares his juice or milk, and last night, he took a bath with him. This is the stage of imagination and his is really working. I love to hear him talk to pooh. Sometimes it's just babble, but he'll show pooh his cars and trucks or say, "Pooh, I see Daddy".




Today we took a trip to Target to pick up a few things. We went down the toy aisle to pick up a gift and there was a "BIG POOH". Oh boy!! That's all it took. The look on Mason's face was priceless. I wish I could capture that moment forever. He was so excited. "It's Pooh, Mommy"....."I see Pooh!!" Smiling from ear to ear, he was about to jump out of the cart. Reaching for him, laughing. I gave him to Mason and he hugged him and said "Pooh". Of course, we had to buy him. Mason would have been devastated if not. Pooh could have been $50 and I still would have bought him. It was worth every penny to see the excitement in my son's face. Priceless...


I'm surprised at myself too. I've said that I wouldn't buy Mason a toy when we go into stores and especially not stuffed animals. First of all, I don't want Mason to think every time we visit a store he is going to get something, but this is actually one of the first times I bought it. Secondly, I'm not crazy about stuffed animals. They seem to carry germs and get dirty easily. I guess you can wash them, right?



So on the way home, Mason held on to pooh and talked to him the whole way home. He said, "look, pooh, I see a big truck". Every time I looked back, Mason was hugging Pooh and smiling.


No comments: